Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Zoo.....

I really should have done this post a while ago, seeing we went to the zoo for Vince's birthday, which was September 15th, but we've been really busy, and time flies!
We went to the Detroit Zoo for Vince's 8th birthday. It was a lovely surprise! We didn't know that Dad had taken the day off, and he got all ready for work as usual. He even left, coming back after a couple minutes saying, "I forgot! I took the day off!" We were thrilled!
It was a hot day, and the misty fountains around the zoo were delightful.


The elaborate exibits were fun to look at. We read nearly all the signs for the animals we visited.

Noela enjoyed the day, too! Lydia pushed her around in the stroller.

These little ducks don't seem very small here, but I could have easily held them in one hand.

Noela's favorites were the turtles--I thought they were pretty fun myself!


This flower was in the aviary.
We thought it was pretty fun to see the cobra with his hood out!

Everyone's favorite was probably the under-water seal exibit. The tubes were nice and cool, and the seals were very active. It was fun to see the seals gliding about on every side of you!


We had a great time, and it was a wonderful day!
Looking back over the post, it is funny to see I have more pictures of people and plants than animals!

No comments: